Friday, June 25, 2010

lions and tigers and bears!

.



A couple of weekends ago (the same day we got your shoes), we took a trip to the Austin Zoo. I tried to prepare you before-hand by telling you about the animals we would see. So every time I would tell you "Iris, we're going to the zoo to see the animals!" You would start barking.

I hope you weren't disappointed that there were no puppies there, but I think you had a fantastic time! (Remind momma to write a letter to the zoo people about having a puppy or two in their exhibits)

But we did get to see some tigers, a bear VERY close up (you were very excited about that & kept signing "teddy bear" over and over again), pigs and goats, big turtles, little monkeys that came up and tried to touch you (you loved that!), and lots of exotic birds!




You loved chasing the peacocks around. Once we started feeding them, though, they started chasing us around!



I know, sweetie, those piggies aren't quite as cute as your stuffed piggies at home. Again, I'll include that in my list of complaints to the zoo people.



We enjoyed a hot dog and a snow cone from the zoo cafe. Afterwards, I think you had just as much fun chasing the roosters, peacocks, and chickens around. You were not very happy with the rooster cock-doodle-doo-ing and told him so!




Pretty girl! Thank you for such a happy day!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.