Bedtime is such a sweet time of the day for us. After a busy day of chasing you around, you dodging my hugs and kisses, and being so very toddler-two-ish, I very much welcome the cuddles and snuggles at the end of the day.
Our night time ritual typically begins with dinner, sometimes a bath, brush teeth,and put on the jammies. I turn on the Tinker Bell DVD while I braid your hair or pull it up, then you pick out a book or two or five & we read. You always interrupt me to ask questions or finish a sentence that you know in the book. You always giggle and point and you simply must kiss all the cute characters in the book.
I look at you and want to gobble you up. At the end of the day, you seem a little more accessible to me. You aren't wanting me to chase you down for a smooch! I ask to kiss you and you simply lean forward and offer me your cute little face. After our book(s), you search for your cuddle bunny & we lay together on the bed while I nurse you. Sometimes you'll ask to me to sing you a song, sometimes you actually ask me to be quiet. Your favorite song is what you call "Hushabye." It's actually the song "All The Pretty Little Horses." And when I do sing, you like to hum along with me.
Before long, you are asleep. Sometimes I get up to leave you while you are still awake & you blow me kisses as I walk out the door.
I go to the living room with a full heart and big smile on my face. I honestly think it's my favorite part of the day.
Here, you are practicing the whole "this is the church & this is the steeple, open the door & see all of the people" routine. Your favorite part is opening your hand to wiggle your fingers.
Reading our stories is something you take very seriously.
My precious! Sweet dreams, little one!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.