Iris, you are quite the talented little artist. With your sidewalk chalk, doodle pad, paint and easle board, you've come up with some interesting, beautiful crafts, and paintings. You've recently been experimenting with drawing faces and bodies. You'll first draw a big circle and then two distinct circles within the big one, and announce that those are the eyes. Then you will carefully draw a box-like body with arms coming out of the general area. The photo above shows an arm coming from the side and one coming out of the head.
Still, it's quite amazing!
So, you practiced and practiced this tonight. Finally you began drawing hair! You were getting the arms right & even drew a little mouth on some of your faces. Suddenly, darling, you shouted "Ima draw YOU Momma!"
I was so tickled!
Your little face got serious, and you started concentrating, biting your lower lip. You get to the body part and draw two circles on top of each other on my body. Such an attention to detail! So I tell you "Iris, baby, I love my button right here!"
And you say..."No, not buttons momma! Das your milk!"
My what?
I look closer. And you say it again. So I ask "Those are my breasts?"
"Yes!" (Giggling and quite proud of yourself)
Ah...the joys of nursing a toddler!
.



No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.