Back in early October, I submitted the above picture of you to Austin Family magazine. AF is a local magazine that I love, not just for the great articles, but also it's one of my main sources to find out what's going on in the area for toddler activities & fun stuff for me and you to do. According to their website, they have a circulation of over 35,000 magazines, as well as a strong online presence. They are directly linked to FOX Good Day Austin & are a regular guest on the show.
They had a cover photo contest with a chance to win your child's picture on the cover of their magazine. I can only imagine how many parents submitted photos! Even if it's just 1% that would be over 350 submissions. To make things even dicier, they had categories; toddlers, babies, young kids, tweens, and teens. Only six winners, with one from each category. Six winners. One from each category. They had an awesome panel of judges from the Austin Ballet, One World Theatre, and other local professionals in the arts. Okay, so what I'm getting at is...
Iris, you won!!!!
Yes, ma'am - you will grace the cover page of a future 2011 Austin Family magazine! Woo-hoo!
The editor told me that they'll call back once they pin down the month you'll have & schedule your photo shoot! This is so exciting & I'm grinning from ear to ear! Of course, I always knew you are a beautiful baby...but now all of Austin gets to know that, too!!
I'll be sure to tuck the magazine in your baby book so you can enjoy your stardom when you get older, also!
.




Wooo!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for y'all! She is going to love that when she is older! Mom is happy too! We can't wait to see it!! Love you both!
ReplyDeleteof course she won, pretty girl! :o)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! Can we get an autographed copy? :-D
ReplyDeleteOMG HOW AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow!!!! This is wonderful!!!! And not a surprise at all, because she is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!!
ReplyDelete@ Aunt Katie: Thanks! ILY2!
ReplyDelete@ Aunt Herbie: lol, and you were the first person I told when I first sent in her picture. You thought I signed her up for match.com!
@ Danny: lol, yep, I'll get you an autographed copy - that should be interesting!
@ Cara: Thank you!!!
@ Noelle: Thank you so much!
I'll be sure to post updates as they come!