There are some things I just love about Austin. The fact that you can walk out the door with nothing but the mismatched leftovers from the least dirty option in your clothes hamper and unwashed hair is not because you are a slob. Nope, if your zip code starts with 787, it is clearly because you are eccentric. Apparently it's the only criteria. I take advantage of this often.
But Zilker Park is another reason why I love Austin.
Donned in my eccentric apparel (see above), today we took a trip to Zilker Park and had much fun! First, enjoying the sand. I am glad to report that princess did not ingest any today. My baby's tastes are refining and she has simplified her delectables to leaves, large pebbles, and sticks. Yum. We enthusiastically enjoyed a train ride (learned the sign for "train" as well as "park" and made up a special sign for "Aunt Herbie"). Baby girl's hands were all over the place, trying to tell me important things.
Look, Mom, a bird!
Lots of water over there!
I am hungry...
Now I'm thirsty, water please!
Mmmm, ice cream! Can I have some?
Oh! Train!
Park! Park! I wanna play!
A puppy!
I'm so happy and excited!
Aunt Herbie, stop that!
Yep, she told me all these things by signing and pointing. Miracle child, she is.
So happy!
Which toes shall I devour first?
So pretty.
Okay. Tell me again what this choo-choo thing does?
Can't you just feel the enthusiasm here?
Some sites along our choo-choo train adventure. A wedding.
No fair. Mom doesn't let me stand on the table!
Puppy! Puppy! Ruf! Ruf!
The ride back. More enthusiasm.
Number one reason why mom likes Zilker Park.
.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.