Happy seven months, darling! Time is just whizzing by! So much to catch up on that I decided to list all the updates below. You are becoming such a big girl and you amaze me every day. Hands down, you are the most beautiful person (aside from your brother) that I know. I love you, precious.
Updates:
FOOD! Sweetie, you love food now! We got off to a rough start for several weeks. You just hated the idea of putting food in your mouth. However, one day a couple of weeks ago, you decided you'd give it a try and you opened your mouth, like it was no big deal. You've been eating ever since. Not picky at all, either.
Let's see...
You love fresh avocados. You'll usually gobble down nearly a quarter of an avocado in one sitting!
The baby foods that I get for you are "Earth's Best." I like them because they are organic and yummy. So far you love their carrots, sweet potatoes, pears, peas, apples (I was going to do a whole post on giving peas a chance, but we never skipped a beat with those - you love them!). This is so fun, I can't wait to get more creative with your meals!


Also, in a past post I had indicated that you were cutting your first tooth. In fact you were/are cutting three teeth at once - all on the bottom row! I have no picture, since I can only take those pictures of your teeth while you are sleeping. You aren't too keen on me prying your mouth open and sticking my fingers in (who can blame you?)
Other updates: you are just blossoming! Where to begin?! Your sense of humor is developing and you are really quite clever. We play this game where you like to reach up and grab the ceiling fan string. But right before you grab for it, you stop, look at me, and a big smile crosses your face. It's like you're trying to pull a fast one on me and switch things up: No mom, you only thought I was going to pull the string, ha!
You love to be surprised. We play "where's the baby?" all the time, and now you actually pull the blanket over your face, and then pull it down real fast. And you babble, and taaaalk, and screeeaamm, and shriek, and whatever else pops up from your throat. I've heard the strangest sounds coming from your mouth (see Chewy post).
And then there's the separation anxiety that you are beginning to feel whenever we are apart from each other. It breaks my heart that you miss me and need me near you all the time. Once I reappear, you smile and laugh. I gotta hand it to you, kid, no one else misses me that much when I'm gone. You make me feel so special.
And you are so very special, too, sweetheart. Happy, happy seven months! I love you forever!
.
(stats below:)
Date taken: 11/10/2009
Weight: 18 lbs. 7 oz. (87th percentile)
Height: 26.5 inches (67th percentile)
Head Circumference: 16 3/4 inches (64th percentile)


Hooda Thunk? After putting 700+ miles on her car since Friday (to enjoy the weekend w/ you, the Mommy, Aunt E, Roxie, Ranger, Uncle Michael and lotsa big horsies and furry goats) . . . AND a full day at work, this Grandma would rush home to see the latest update of YOU, Precious Iris!!! If this continues, I'm afraid you might start thinking that the world revolves around YOU!!! Here's a big fat kiss for your 7 month birthday!!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Seven Month Birthday, Baby Iris!!! Please come back soon for another photo session - I understand you upstaged me, but what's a "girl" to expect when she's competing with such a world-class beauty!!! Love and (big canine slobbery) kisses, Roxie
ReplyDeleteKeep it up, Kid! Between you and your Grandma, we're looking forward to a very profitable 4th quarter, this year!
ReplyDelete