Thursday, April 23, 2009

the best gyno doc ever


I have to stop for a moment and pay a special tribute to the best gyno doc...EVER!

Dr. Atkins is just so amazing, such sweet and warm bedside manners, and patiently answers all questions, no matter how ridiculous. Although he did ban me from googling medical pregnancy stuff, and from YouTube (because I was watching home births & freaking out). Being a bit of a hypochondriac, I suppose he did have to restrict me for a while. But he took excellent care of me during my pregnancy, which was a high-risk one, and referred me to several great specialists as well.

He's just so very cool.

If you Google him (I think my ban has been lifted, by the way), you'll see review after review of people who find him to be a wonderful doctor. Go ahead. Try it. His name is Baron Atkins, MD. Great guy.

And as if that weren't enough, he's got this whole article in the Dallas News about how he met his beautiful wife. It's such a sweet story.

So...fast forward to April 23rd. My sister and I are at the hospital. They've already started the drugs. In walks Dr. Atkins. I introduce him to my sister.

"Heather, this is Dr. Atkins - he'll be delivering Iris. He's also the Master of the Uterus."

You could hear everyone's eyes roll. Really, you could.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.