Tuesday, July 17, 2012

meeting your family

.

Your little world is growing, baby. Since you were born, you've always known me, Grandma, Aunt Herbie, Ashley, Daniel, Aunt Herbie, Nanny, Grampy, Aunt Katie, Mason & Sophia. There have been family extras that are related not by blood, but by love, such Aunt Beverly and Melody.

It is interesting to me that I used to worry that you would feel that your family was incomplete. I would worry that you would feel something missing. But as you got older, I learned that was my own fear that I was projecting into your perfect world of a family that loves and supports you. For you, baby, a family simply meant the people who love you. And our intimate family was simply you and me. You had no concept that anything was missing.

But the loving universe has a way of expanding our world and our hearts when the timing is perfect. I always said that you were going to save the world, princess. You saved mine. And you saved others. And as I saw you capture the loving hearts of the rest of your family, I knew Heaven was smiling on you.


You and your Granny & Paw-Paw


Sweet Aunt Romy. We spent the day at her home, celebrating her birthday. You have her hand painted butterflies and she loved them!


Your Aunt ReNee, who loves you so much! She has two children, William & Rebecca - your cousins.


Your cousins Rebecca and William - being so silly.


You are so blessed, Iris, to have so many people in your life who love you!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.