Sunday, September 30, 2012

mexican cruise!

.

Perhaps the most exciting thing we did this year was our "girls only" Mexican cruise, with you, me, and Aunt Herbie. You were so excited to travel on a big, big boat, play on the beach in Cozumel, and enjoy all the busy activities on the boat.

All rules went out the window! Each morning we'd walk up to the upper deck & watch the bluest water swirling past us and you were amazed that as far as you could see, it was just water. Then we'd head down one deck and search for breakfast. Whatever you wanted. Eggs & sausage? Pancakes? Ice cream?

On Sea Days, we'd head back to the cabin & put our suits on to enjoy the swimming pool & lively dance music on the pool deck. On dock days, we ventured out to Progresso, Mexico and bravely went shopping, ate at a restaurant, and hung out for a bit on Corona Beach. To see such poverty made me feel blessed that you have the safety and comforts that are provided for you in Round Rock, Texas, USA.

You LOVED Cozumel! We played on the beach, making drizzle castles & swimming in the bluest-greenest ocean ever! No care in the world as I lay in the sun, watching you have the time of your life in the prettiest place I've ever been. It was beautiful, luxurious, and heavenly. We will definitely go back one day!

Nights at sea, sometimes we'd go to the upper deck and watch the ocean glow from the setting sun & enjoy the cool ocean breezes.

The cruise-line offered plenty of fun activities for you. There was face-painting, cookie decorating, you made a cloth puppet & had a puppet show. Each day, you would ask me, "Momma, when can I go back to Kid Camp?" I'm glad you had so much fun, and felt as pampered and spoiled as Momma & Aunt Herbie felt.

Because I felt you were on vacation also, I allowed ice cream for dinner and pizza for dessert. I didn't care what time you went to bed or got up or if you needed a nap. I didn't fuss so much over your hair or clothes. The objective was to have fun and relax and enjoy each other. And we did! I'll never forget this vacation with you and Aunt Herbie, baby girl! I hope you'll never forget it, either!


The upper deck at night.


So happy to be on a big, big boat!


In Cozumel!


Trying to bury ourselves in the white sand!


Cozumel (Passion Island) beach. You loved throwing the sand behind you. Something you've been doing in parks since you were itty bitty.


You and me and the big, big boat behind us!


French fries for lunch? OKAY!


Progresso, Mexico


You and Aunt Herbie. Pretty girls!


Jumping on the bed in our cabin.


Passed out after an awesome day in Cozumel.


Passed out after an awesome day of face painting. Adorable little tiger!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.