Thursday, November 11, 2010

mailbox dilemmas

.

Each day (Sundays excluded), I rattle my keys and you jump up from wherever you are to assist mama in retrieving the mail. I hand the keys over to you, and we both happily skip to the mailbox (although you do more of the skipping part).

However, you've brought to my attention that you really would rather do it all by yourself. If I take the keys from you, you fuss and protest rather awfully, run away, cry, the whole works. So, after much consideration, I've given your request careful thought. I've assessed the situation, and have determined that I will allow you to go the mailbox alone, after you've accomplished the following five simple tasks:

1. Be able to discern which key actually goes into the mailbox.

2. Be able to discern which mailbox is ours and not try to open ALL of them.

3. Obtain the fine motor skills to be able to actually put the key into the keyhole, turn it, pull the door open, get the mail, shut the door, turn the key again, and pull it out. In that order.

4. Grow about 14 inches (for obvious reasons, since our mailbox is higher up)

5. Actually be able to say "Hey mom, I'm going to the mailbox, I'll be right back!"


Until then, I do enjoy your company to the mailbox, sweetheart!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.