.
This post is dedicated to Aunt Herbie
"She broke the bread into fragments and gave them to the children, who ate with avidity."
"She hath kept none for herself," grumbled the Sergeant.
"Because she is not hungry," said a soldier.
"Because she is a mother," said the Sergeant.
-Victor Hugo
Aunt Herbie, my dear sister Heather, is sending her babies off to college this week. The bittersweet journey in the heart of a mother neither begins nor ends with these moments of letting go. The very moment we lay eyes on our precious babies, we begin this voyage. There are first smiles, first steps, first days of school, first victories, first failures, first kisses, and first heartaches. With each first, our children teach us that they are becoming their own sweet and glorious person.
Congratulations to Aunt Herbie and Sweet Ashley and Baby Bear Matt! We love you!
Flap goes the birdie! Flap! Flap! Flap! (from one of Iris' favorite songs)
When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck
.



Oh, Laura, thank you so much! My goal of getting through this days without tears has completely failed. Miserably. I love you so much and just knowing you and baby Iris are there supporting, loving and being a part of this journey helps so very much! I love you my dear sister!
ReplyDelete