Wednesday, December 23, 2009

eight months

.


It's birthday time again. I love this picture of you. That little half grin smirk is priceless!

You are on the GO! Suddenly you've begun crawling with amazing dexterity and gracefulness. Okay, maybe not graceful - but you definitely know how to get to where you want to go, whether it's a combination of crawling, rolling, and scooting.

Time is flying by. Your personality is exploding and you are beginning to respond to people laughing at you. Then you smile back or repeat the behavior. You love food. Rice, fruit, bits of meat. You enjoy picking peas up with your little fingers and shoving them in your mouth.

And the most delightful milestone this month is...dancing! You love to dance. Especially to the Muppet's "St. Nick" and Miss Piggy's "Christmas is Coming."

You have six teeth now. Two on top, four on bottom.

You talk ALL the time. Sometimes with great seriousness! I can't help but laugh at you, to which I get a very intense reprimand from you!

Your separation anxiety is getting better and you now play alone for longer and longer periods. You will go down for a nap in your crib with minimal crying, and I can usually walk away from you without you flipping out. Big milestone: mom can now go potty without baby supervision! Yay!

You now sleep through the night! Bedtime is usually around eight-ish and you go down in your crib with very little to no protesting at all. Then you sleep through to about five or six in the morning, waking up to request snuggle time with mom. Such a big girl!

Happy birthday sweetness! I love you! (I'm doing the happy dance while I'm saying this - whoop! whoop!)




Birthday statistics:
Weight: 20.8 lbs. - 88th percentile! (healthy girl!)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.