Thursday, July 30, 2009

the popular girl

.


I was never really the Popular Girl in high school. I tended to find an odd group of friends to hang out with, usually the ones that the Popular People looked down on and sometimes made fun of.


But there was always one nice Benevolent Popular Girl who would talk to me. We would usually become friends and, for some unknown reason, she would hang out with me & we would do things together. If we went to the mall, we'd always run into her other Popular Friends, but she would never make me feel like she was embarrassed to be out with me. Everywhere we went, she was always the social butterfly, introducing me to people, always running into people.


Iris is also a Benevolent Popular Girl. I love going out with her, because wherever we go, people are always stopping to talk to her, to gush over her and smile at her. I'm sort of just there. Plain Jane. Just like in high school. But Iris, gracious as she is, looks at me and smiles during these social interludes. It's our secret that I'm still her best friend. I feel so privileged to be with this girl who everyone loves and adores.


I'm sure people wonder what in the world Iris is doing hanging out with a dork like me. Lucky me! I'm with the Popular Girl! (wink)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.