In a brave effort to bring other little people into your life, as well as continue to afford to stay home with you in your precious first years, I began watching Gracie. I had little expectation of nothing but a warm and friendly relationship developing between the two of you. In reality it was like fire and ice!
You either loved each other or hated each other. Got along wonderfully, or fought horribly! I watched Gracie for two months. It was the longest two months I've endured. There were tears, screaming, hitting (yes, hitting!), tattling, and misery. Not that it wasn't all bad. She taught you to stick up for yourself. Made you a little stronger. More resilient. Taught you how to take the high road sometimes. A little about forgiveness and much about patience. And despite all the fussing, you strangely missed her on weekends.
And many, many months later, you still ask about her. Oh, goodness! May there be few Gracie's in your life, my dear!

You and Gracie starting a garden in our back yard.

Gracie and you being silly at Chuck E. Cheese

Mopping floors and cleaning your feet at the same time!

Spending the afternoon at Pflugerville Lake

Splashing in our backyard pool.

So sweet!

Finger painting with homemade finger paints. Messy, but fun!

Enjoying the splash pad in downtown Round Rock. You eventually stripped down to your underwear!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.