Friday, April 1, 2011

catching up!

.

Oh my goodness! Shame on momma for neglecting your baby blog! It's been over a month - the longest I've gone without updating - since I've posted anything. Well, this post will be full, because you have been up to some serious business here lately!

We've been busy! So very busy with renovating the house, and keeping up with you, and learning new tricks!

I think the most delightful and surprising new milestone in your life, sweetie, is that you have exploded with words and sentences - yes SENTENCES!! It simply blows me away! What happened? It's like I turned around and suddenly you are actually talking to me, telling me your thoughts, actually communicating with me! And to finally see glimpses of how that precious little brain of yours works is amazing!

You crack me up dozens of times a day. You've figured out that many things are circular. The toilet paper roll, the cup, the plates, even the iris' of our eyes! And then you'll notice something square, and say "no circle." Amazing. You are figuring out how the world works on a daily basis, dear, and it's really nothing short of a miracle.

Your sense of humor is too cute, also. Becoming quite the little sassy pants. You will exclaim "no way!" when something surprises you (complete with little upturned hands waving in the air).

I really could go on and on about every darn cute little thing you do and say, but I honestly would be here for hours. I continue to try to tweet them as they come in.

You are so independent. You want to do everything on your own. And I mean everything. Brush your teeth, shut the door, get in the car seat, walk up the steps. "I do it!" you are always saying to me.

You love the attention of everyone around you. Just today, while we were out eating, this poor lady behind our booth was trying to eat in peace as you kept turning around and smiling at her. You finally said "hi!" to her & she looked up and laughed. I had to explain to the woman that you had been trying to get her attention for a while, for which she apologized profusely! I just don't know how you do it.

Momma has just this past month discovered that your hair is now long enough to put into piggy tails, and we are loving that! Yes, even you are. You'll sit patiently while I comb and brush, and then run to the mirror when I'm done to admire my handiwork with a big smile on your face. Truly you are getting cuter and more adorable by the day!

You are such a happy child. In the mornings, you run around the house singing and skipping and dancing. You particularly love to scream at the top of your lungs in Home Depot and so we've learned the word "acoustics." Whenever we are in a place that has awesome screaming acoustics, you say "koostic!"

All I can say is "wow!" and thank you! The sun itself doesn't even compare to the sunshine you have brought into this world. I adore you!



.

1 comment:

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.