Tuesday, March 23, 2010

eleven months

o
Hmmm...how easy would it be to get in there and pull out some CD's or yank a wire or two?

Suprisingly easy!

Distracted by the click! click! click! of the camera...

Hmmm....how easy would it be to yank on this...?

Happy 11 months sweetie!

The countdown has officially begun for your first birthday next month! I'm just blown away by how much you've grown and how quickly it's all gone by!

This past month you've exploded into this vibrant, sassy, very opinionated little thing! Every day that I get to know you, I love you more and more. If I take a toy away from you, you will get very angry and screeeaaamm! You make me laugh all the time. Like when you insist on being on the computer with mama. So far, you've made my toolbars disappear, you showed me that laptops do have a ten-number keypad, and I think once you tried to reconfigure some of my files. I thought that was sweet of you, but I cancelled that command since it was way over my head.

You've learned to clap! Which makes "Patty cake, Patty cake" tons more fun! You'll clap to music, me singing, or just whenever you feel like it.

You understand what no means & you'll even shake your head when I say no to you.

You know how to sign several words. You can sign milk, tree, dog, diaper, and kiss. The only two you do very well is "milk" and "tree." When you sign the other words, it looks like "milk." But I understand what you're trying to say, dumpling!

When I sing "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" to you, you always start shaking your head when I get to the part about the Good Fairy coming down and reprimanding Bunny Foo-Foo for knocking those poor field mice on the heads! So cute to see you do this!

You still love, love, love music! Sometimes you'll even point to the stereo when I start singing to you. (Or perhaps you prefer the CD to mom's voice)

So curious! Into everything! I finally had to break down and put a gate up in the kitchen. You like to open doors, cabinets, peek under furniture, dig through stuff.

You have figured out how to put the different shaped blocks into their corresponding shaped holes. Such a clever girl, you are!

Communicating with you is becoming more and more fun. You will mimic whatever tone I inflect, and watch carefully for my expression to determine whether I'm playing or serious. Sometimes I tease you and fuss at you in a silly way. Once you realize I'm being goofy, you laugh and totally get the joke. Of course your little face gets quite puzzled when mama is serious. I seldom fuss at you serious, so it is quite a rarity in your world. You are constantly squealing and chirping and singing.

And you absolutely love to be read to. I swear you know some of your books by heart! If I start reciting a line from one of your books, you will look around for it and bring it to me to read to you. So amazing to me!

There is so much more, but the older you get the more I am just overwhelmed by everything you've managed to accomplish and blossom into this past year. I could write forever about every one of your cute little milestones.

I love you baby. Happy Birthday!

Statistics:

22 lbs 13 oz. = 75th percentile



No comments:

Post a Comment

The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.