
Well, princess, you do know you have a big brother don't you?
I'm afraid in all the excitement, I failed to mention that to you. In case I did, let me introduce you to Andrew.
Andrew is your big brother. Big, big brother. He's 21 years old. Yikes! I know, surprised you, didn't it? Well you surprised everyone! So, Iris, meet your big brother Andrew, Andrew meet your little baby sister, Iris.
And Andrew brought you sweet little gifts, precious. A bag of goodies just for you. A teddy bear blanket...and a sweet fluffy pink teddy bear. I have a feeling you'll be snuggling with that bear before long.
A warning about Andrew, though. He loves to play practical jokes, so you'll always have to be on your toes around him. That's enough for now, precious, you look sleepy. Close your eyes...go to sleep...oh, wait...watch out...Andrew's coming in for a kiss!
You're only two weeks old, for Pete's sake. Now how can you defend yourself from these kissy assaults?!
I'm afraid in all the excitement, I failed to mention that to you. In case I did, let me introduce you to Andrew.
Andrew is your big brother. Big, big brother. He's 21 years old. Yikes! I know, surprised you, didn't it? Well you surprised everyone! So, Iris, meet your big brother Andrew, Andrew meet your little baby sister, Iris.
And Andrew brought you sweet little gifts, precious. A bag of goodies just for you. A teddy bear blanket...and a sweet fluffy pink teddy bear. I have a feeling you'll be snuggling with that bear before long.
A warning about Andrew, though. He loves to play practical jokes, so you'll always have to be on your toes around him. That's enough for now, precious, you look sleepy. Close your eyes...go to sleep...oh, wait...watch out...Andrew's coming in for a kiss!
You're only two weeks old, for Pete's sake. Now how can you defend yourself from these kissy assaults?!


How sweet. So what did he think of his little sister?
ReplyDeleteWow! 21 and newborn! Is that the secret to preventing empty nest syndrome?????
ReplyDeletehow cute !!! I cant remember if i ever met andrew ??? maybe when he was a lot younger and i visited you in galveston ??
ReplyDeletelove, pammy
Beautiful! How are you feeling?
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing you when you return and know that each day brings a huge smile to your face when you look at Iris. I just love that name! It sounds so soothing and rejuvenating, like springtime.
ReplyDeleteTake care and keep in touch.
-Leslie
These have got to be some of the very finest looking grandkids in the world!!!
ReplyDelete~ "Not biased at all" aka Grandma!