Oh my! No updates since Christmas?
So much going on in your little life, sweetie! Finally getting a moment to update your baby blog and share everything you've been up to!
It's been a couple of months, but you've blossomed in that short time. We moved out of our sweet little house and into our home that we share with Aunt Herbie and Daniel. It was a tough decision, but definitely worth it. Since we've been all living together, you have loved the extra attention and loving family atmosphere. You squeal and jump and dance around the house each time either Daniel or Aunt Herbie comes home each day & they love your loyal devotion.
Each day you continue to surprise me with your cleverness and ever emerging personality. I look at you & I see less the little baby and more the young beautiful lady that you are becoming. Your vocabulary is exploding and I am learning that even adult subtle conversations need to be monitored because you, dear, pick up on even nuances of various subject matters.
We were at the store recently and I discovered a Tinker Bell toothbrush (yes, you still adore Tinker Bell), and I said "Iris! Look! A Tinker Bell toothbrush!" And your response was a delightful: "Wow, Momma! Where'd the hell you get that?!"
I made a mental note to have a talk with Daniel about appropriate teenage language in front of a toddler.
But you love your Daniel! He promises you "hard-core tea parties, dude!" and knuckle greets you with a "doooood!" to which you've perfectly duplicated & greet him in kind.
But the biggest, biggest milestone is....
Yep! You are 100% totally potty trained! I was so afraid it would never happen. But it was definitely on your terms, and once you decided, we knocked it out in 10 days! So, at two years, nine months old...you did it! No accidents since, either. So, so very proud of you, my big girl!
I am loving who you are, darling! You have a wonderful sense of humor, are almost always in a happy mood. You are sweet and sensitive & your sense of empathy is developing and I'm learning that you feel deeply and love deeper. Music and dance makes your eyes light up & you love sharing everything with me.
You are not afraid to tell me what you need, and you can be very demanding sometimes. I love each quality about you, and my deepest wish for you is to own every incredible strength as your personal gifts towards your own happiness in this world.
I love you more than words can ever express!
You are not afraid to tell me what you need, and you can be very demanding sometimes. I love each quality about you, and my deepest wish for you is to own every incredible strength as your personal gifts towards your own happiness in this world.
I love you more than words can ever express!





hey...its been awhile i know. so you moved?? wow...what a big decision. congratulations. i did some remodeling on my site..hope u like it
ReplyDeletehow are you....i miss your lovely oh so perfectly worded post. well im startin a new full time job soon. sooooe xcited!!!!!
ReplyDelete