I don't know how or when it started, but you have this adorable crush on Tinker Bell. I first noticed it when you became incredibly shy while looking at a picture of Tinker Bell. Your reaction to her indicated to me that you hated her. If I said something to you about Tink, you would yell "No!" and turn away.
But then, when you didn't think I was looking, I would catch you holding a DVD cover with her picture on it, gazing adoringly at her. Sometimes you would even bring the picture up to your face and give her a kiss. If you saw me looking at you, again, you would slam the cover down, saying "Momma, NO!"
It is very curious to me. I've been told that it may have something to do with Tink's smallness or enchanting powers, or the fact that she flies. I just don't know why the strange shyness and privacy you seem to require when engaging in your little friend.
So, without much fanfare, we went to the toy store to buy your very own Tinker Bell doll. Again, strange reactions whereby you initially ignored her and then I finally caught a glimpse in the rear view mirror of you kissing her. I really do hope you remember this Iris, so that later on you can explain to me what this is all about!
Since we've gotten Tink, you have become much more openly affectionate to her, but you still have a lingering shyness about her. It's so very uniquely you, and I absolutely love it and am very intrigued by it all at the same time.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.