We've been so busy getting our little house ready to move into! I decided to start with your little nursery, Iris - for reasons that were very obvious. It is a small, sweet little room...but one that had awful wood panelling, old, shaggy brown carpet, and nicks and scratches and nails all over the walls and baseboards. So we got to work! It was a top priority for me to have at least your room perfect before we moved in.
Since these before and after pictures, I've added the beautiful golden oak flooring, and bought a pretty off-white soft, shaggy rug. After we move in & I add curtains, furniture & wall hangings, I'll blog the final room, but for now I could not resist the simple transformation that a good coat of primer & paint can do!
Now I'm more than ready to tackle the rest of the house! Good times ahead, sweetie! I'll teach you a thing or two about "do it yourself" house remodeling. Next up will be the dining room, more painting, more flooring. Then the kitchen. We will actually attempt to reface the cabinets with inset beadboard! Whoo-hoo! This'll be a hoot, baby girl!
Um...Iris? Hey, where are you going? Get back here!
Dark brown panelling? Yucky! Yucky!
Light, buttery walls? Yummy! Yummy!
.



No comments:
Post a Comment
The princess reads her mail daily. Please leave a love note for sweet Iris.